There are so many interior tips or hacks we know, but most of the time we missed to consider items ed to be considered. Whether it is for a wall, floor or a room, there are many items or ideas we need to check out to be able to maximize it. Pencil Projects were browsing for ideas and found these 5 items we seldom forget to check out in our interiors. Let us start.
INTERIOR TIP 1 :WHAT AIRCON HP TO BUY?
If the HP of an aircon is not considered technically too much would be lost. First is Cost of the aircon. The higher the HP, the higher the cost. Second is the temperature. The room might get too cold or hot. Lastly would be electric bill. If we put an aircon HP that is more than the required, that would mean, you are wasting money on electric bill.
Floor Area (in square meters) / AC Unit Size (Horsepower)
- 10.5sqm: 0.5 hp
- 11 to 14sqm: 0.75 hp
- 15 to 21sqm: 1.0 hp
- 22 to 25sqm: 1.5 hp
- 26 to 28sqm: 2.0 hp
- 39 t0 48sqm: 2.5 hp
There would be items, of course, to consider like size and number of window openings for heat coming in of the room will affect the cold produced by the aircon. The layout of the room should also check out. Read more on the Real Living article on How To Compute Your Air Con’s Horsepower Based On Your Room Size?
INTERIOR TIPS 2: STORAGE SPACES
Most of the time, when designing for space, you are so into how the area would look like that we neglect consideration for storage spaces. Most of the homeowners would tend to look into inspirational images throughout the internet and forgot that they have a lot of items to store and what happens after space is constructed is that they lack storage spaces to put their most love items too hard to throw away. What they will do is to buy a storage cabinet in the corner or worse just pile all those items on top of each other.
The once well-thought design is now an ordinary room with all your items seen by everyone visiting your house. For reference on how you can maximize your space, check out this 10 Storage Hacks by Robeson Design.
INTERIOR TIPS 3: ADD YELLOW INTO YOUR ROOM
Most of the time most homeowners are into neutral colors like brown, black, white and gray or cool colors like light blues and greens and sometimes if not partnered with a lively warm colors could bring dullness into an area. Of course, color preference would always depend on the owner but there is one color that brightens up or brings cheerfulness into a room if use in a proper moderation. That color is Yellow. See Real Living’s article title How the Color Yellow Can Help You Achieve a Cheerful Space for more information.
INTERIOR TIPS 4: BEST INTERIOR DESIGN HACKS EVER
Homepolish has published an article titled Our 37 Best Interior Design Tips Ever and it is about compilation of several interior designers utlimate wisdom, tips, or hack that every one could remember. Here at Pencil Projects Inc. here are several items that stuck our minds.
- Megan Born: “Less is more” is something I always try to stress. It will look different for each person, so I encourage only keeping items in your home that you love or have purpose. Minimalism isn’t the lack of something, but the perfect amount of something.
- Alison Causer: “two quantities are in the golden ratio if their ratio is the same as the ratio of their sum to the larger of the two quantities.” …Use 60% as a guideline—cover 60% of a room in furniture, hang drapes so that 60% of the window is covered, and so on.
- Kerry Vasquez: 90% of good design is lighting.
- Ashlie Broderic: I don’t believe in design rules, they can all be broken. Even an obvious rule like “wallpaper is for walls” is bunk; wallpaper on the ceiling feels daring and stylish.
- Gunnar Larson: Don’t shop in “sets.” Aim to have no more than three pieces of furniture from the same store in a room. It’ll ensure your space looks distinctly you and not like a showroom.
INTERIOR TIPS 5: WHERE TO BUY HOME DECORS?
Here is the problem lies where homeowners asked. Where to buy Home Decors? If you are a simple homeowner would rely mostly on their decorations at Shopping Malls or the famous Mandaue Foam because these are the places that are convenient to go to. Every shopping malls have their own home decor and furniture store like Home for SM or through their home section at their department stores.
Actually, there are a lot of stores out there that we can go to. There is an article titled 9 Fashion Stores That Sell Beautiful Home Decor that you could check out.
If there are other interior tips you want to add, do not hesitate to hit the comment section.